Sizing & Measuring for your Custom Race Seat by The Joie of Seating
Proper sizing... that is the most important of having a proper seat.
Please note that DIY measurement method does not apply to The Full Custom Race Seat (the top of the line seat). Our customers must be fitted in our Seat Jig for those seats either here in our Concord, NC showroom, Mike David's Racing Products in Modesto, CA or at one of our "Road Show tours.
A Picture Tells A 1000 Words:
Make sure you correctly document the sizes and provide your measurements to us when you call or order online.
We also ask that you email us 6 photographs of yourself (see examples below) to help aid us in the design process of your custom race seat.
Please don't forget to email us all 6 of your photos. We get a lot of photos, so help us out by renaming your files using your first & last name as the file name of the image (for example, randy-lajoie_1.jpg, randy-lajoie_2.jpg, etc.).
What To Measure:
To custom fit your seat right, we need 6 accurate measurements (in inches) and these include the following -- Eye Port, Shoulder Height, Shoulder Width, Waist Width, Hip Width -- see below for details about each.
All Measurements should be taken in straight lines with a tape measure, yard stick or stager gauge and photos of these must accompany any seat order.
1. Eye port – Sit up straight, looking forward measure from the dip in your shoulder to the center of the eye.
2. Shoulder Height – Again sit up straight, hold your arms out in front of you like driving. Measure from hard surface you are sitting on to where your shoulders and neck meet.
3. Shoulder Width – With your arms out in front of you like you are driving, measure from outer part of shoulder to outer part of opposite shoulder.
4. Waist Width – Measure along the back at the bottom of your rib cage.
5. Hip Width – Measure widest part of the hips below the belt line.
Download seat measurement guide
Watch the video for more help with seat measurements
How to Order:
stop by our Factory Showroom in Concord, North Carolina.
Another option to order a custom fitted racing seat, is to come visit The Joie of Seating traveling JOS Display & Patented Sizing Fixtures while we're out on our road traveling the country visiting race tracks all over the USA and parts of Canada.
you can place your order a custom fitted race seat by The Joie of Seating online . Pick the seat, pick the color(s), pick the seat options, then complete the Online Seat Order Form. Please make sure that when ordering any custom seat, that you provide us with ALL 6 measurements required by emailing them to us along with your name, a photo of each your 6 measurements, plus the date your ordered your seat.
No! The beauty of our service is that you can cancel anytime you need to — no questions asked.